Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fierce + Edgy = Natalie Felicity







Q&A
By Tiff of HERZEN Lifestyle Team

Height - 5'11"
Nationality – Australian
Hometown – Sydney
Birthday - 18/06/1988



1.When and how did you start modelling?
Natalie - People started approaching me in the street to do modelling from the age of 15. It wasn't until I was 18 that I decided to give it a go and joined Scene Model Management. I started getting booked for fashion shows and photo shoots and discovered I really liked it. Then I regretted that I hadn't started earlier.
- at least your on top of your game now 

2. What’s the best thing about being a model?
Natalie - There are so many great things. It’s a profession that allows you to travel all over the world. I've worked with so many amazing, creative individuals like photographers, makeup artists and stylists who are immensely passionate and talented. I like it that I have friends who are models all over the world.

3. What differs modelling from other careers?
Natalie - Modelling isn't secure and there are a lot of uncertainties. It’s not a stable career choice and it can be both fun and heartbreaking

4. What countries have you been to? [For work]
Natalie - I’ve been to Singapore, Thailand and the US and I'll go to at least another 3 countries this year.

5. What are the 3 projects/jobs you've done which you consider the best?
Natalie - That's really difficult to answer. An advertisement I did for Toni and Guy was beneficial because it was on billboards all over the UK and Asia. In Thailand I got good tear sheets from shoots with Image Magazine and Preview Magazine.

6. who’s the model you look up to?
Natalie - I don't really look up to any famous models. I more so admire friends or other models I've worked with for their strong work ethic. My friend Dominique Berube is amazing because she has a repertoire of hundreds of different poses and drives her own career forward. This industry is all about hard work and dedication.
-sounds like she’s really someone to look up to, we hope to interview her one of these days.

7. What’s your personal style when dressing up?
Natalie - My motto is there's no such thing as OTT (over the top)

8. What’s your strength as a model?
Natalie - Clients usually like the fact that I'm good at acting. A lot of people don't know I did acting before I did modelling so that was my first passion. Also I'm good at networking and I often get booked by clients again. Surprisingly I'm taller than most models I've met.

9. What’s your message to those aspiring models?
Natalie - Work really hard and always give 100% effort. You should practice posing and walking in your spare time. Be nice to everyone and never say anything bad about anyone.
-very nice and effective advice!


Natalie is such a true person. She’s also easy to talk to all throughout this interview, we really appreciate her every answer because we felt the sincerity in it. She may look edgy and fierce but we feel like it’s easy to be at ease with her cause despite of being an edgy and fierce model she remains grounded and real to herself. Natalie, we will always support you in your good endeavours.


[Photos from Natalie's account]_

No comments:

Post a Comment