Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mr. Nice Guy: Navarro Pereira







By: Tiff of HERZEN Lifestyle Project

Height: 1.86m
Nationality: Portuguese
Hometown: Lisboa, Portugal
Birthday: 25/08


1. When and how did you start modelling?
Navarro - I start modelling fulltime in January 2007 when I came to Milano for the first time to do the fashion week.

2. What’s the best thing about being a model?
Travelling which involves meeting people, different cultures, awesome experiences and lot's of stress and fun.

3. What differs modelling from other careers?
Navarro - I use to say that before I was normal now I'm just not! I never know where I'm gonna be at in the next day. Sometimes freaks me out just thinking, imagine, that I'm in Lisbon for one sunny day doing what I like the most, in the same day I can be flying to a different country and then have a job in a another country in the next day. It's kinda confusing sometimes but it's like everything and it has a positive side as well.
Another thing that differs is that somebody is paying me basically just for my image. And in the beginning and because I never thought I became or even that I could be a model, this was too weird for me and I remember I couldn't understand how people could pay me just for that.

4. Name a few people in the fashion industry who have become one of your closest friends.
Navarro - For me it is not hard to make friends but the closest ones I can count them with the fingers of one hand.
- and that’s what we call true friends.

5. What countries have you been to? [For work]
Navarro - So... I started off in my country Portugal then went off to Milano, Italy where I'm based now. Since then I've been to Spain (Barcelona and Madrid), France (Paris), Germany (Munchen), England (London), Poland (Warsaw), Greece (Athens), Turkey (Istanbul) and Japan (Tokyo and Osaka).
- Wow, you’ve travelled a lot.

6. What are the 3 projects/jobs you've done which you consider the best?
Navarro - I'm only going to talk about the Gianfranco Ferré show in 2007 a few days after he died. It was very emotive... In the end of the show children with white dresses came in, white doves were flying and everyone was clapping on their feet. At the backstage all the back staffs was crying. Gives me goose bumps.
- RIP to him.

7. Who’s your favourite model?
Navarro - To be honest I don't have a reference because I started modelling coming out of nowhere and I didn't even know some BIG trademarks...

8.What's your personal style when dressing up?
Navarro – Easy, Simple.
- Simplicity never fails.

9. What’s your best asset?
Navarro - I leave that to the ones who really know me.

10. What’s your message to those aspiring models?
Navarro - From what I hear, the business is not like 10 years ago... It's not that easy anymore. It depends on various aspects. It does not only focus on the looks but on character and personality too. If someone thinks they have it, give it a shot there is nothing to lose. There is always something to gain.
- True! Very true!


Navarro is a perfect example of a gentleman, brief yet eloquent words show how good of a man he is. We truly enjoyed comprehending his words for there’s always a beautiful meaning in it. We are also grateful for his kindness and generosity in sharing his time with us for this interview. Since we believe Navarro is already a well established persona in the industry, all we are wishing for him now is continued happiness in all aspects of his life.



[Photos from Navarro's profile]_

1 comment: