Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You Know You Want Her: Dani Thompson






By Tiff of HERZEN Lifestyle Project

Height : 5'8
Home town : Barrie Ontario
Nationality : Canadian
Birthday : April 28, 1990


1. When and how did you start modelling?
Dani - I started modelling when I was thirteen after my Mother Agent, Michele Brown Miller, found me walking up the street to my friend's house. She gave me her card and I started with a modelling course, and then went to NYC for placement and the rest is history.


2. Have you travelled overseas for modelling jobs? If yes, where?
Dani - I have travelled to New York City, Tokyo, Taipei, Thailand, Hong Kong, Korea, China and London. I'm planning on checking out the rest of Europe and maybe Barcelona this year.


3. What projects/jobs you've done which you consider your best project so far?
Dani - I definitely take pride in shooting for Numero Korea and Top Shop in London.
-very cool!


4. What differs modelling from other careers?
Dani - Wow, Everything, haha. We get paid to travel and enjoy places in the world most people never see. Yes, we work long hours and our bodies definitely suffer sometimes, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now. You can only model for so long before you enter "the real world" so to speak, haha.
- Interesting, we love the fact that you love your job. :)

5. If you are not modelling right now, what would you be doing?
Dani - If I wasn't modelling right now, I would probably be in college or university for English or law, which I will still probably do when I have saved the money and have finished modelling.


6. Who's the model you look up to?
Dani - I would have to say I look up to Daria Werbowy, I remember when I was 13 and in NYC we had dinner with her and I just thought she was the coolest girl, she walked in with a men's hoody and ripped jeans. She was so laid back and easy going. I thought it was amazing she could be such a huge model and still so down to earth and BEAUTIFUL!
- We totally agree, she rocks!


7. What's your strength as a model?
Dani - My strength as a model would have to be posing, I used to dance as a child so I guess I'm just natural and being able to move my body. I also love the runway, but the girls seem to be getting taller and taller so runway isn't much of an option for me anymore, but I still luck out with a few shows here and there.


8. What have you learned because of modelling?
Dani - I have learnt so many things modelling, I have learnt about independence, determination, inspiration, self confidence, self esteem, cultures, and the world. I am just so blessed to be able to do this while I'm young and I can't express that enough that I'm no different than anyone else, I'm just blessed with a great opportunity !
- We love the attitude! The industry is blessed to have you Dani.

9. What's your message to those aspiring models?
Dani - My message to other models is don't give up and don't compare yourself to other girls out there. There are so many models now that if you compare yourself to everyone around you will be miserable and don't let not getting the job get you down because for every job you don't get there's a job you will! Have fun and enjoy the world while you can! This is a great opportunity for you, so be determined, don't give up and HAVE FUN!
- Very well said!

Dani’s really nice and was really cooperative in the whole interview (thank you Dani for sending your photos one by one). In our opinion she’s the type who knows how to have fun and knows how to get serious when needed. We are very grateful that we have interviewed her for we know that she’s the next big thing in the industry and having her here is already an honor. Dani, we wish you the best in life and we will always be here to support you.




[Photos from Dani, http://michelesintl.com/danielle.html]

No comments:

Post a Comment